Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Beautiful Liar

I heard something today that opened my eyes to a lot of things. We were discussing what determines standard of living from an economic perspective but I related it to my own personal self.

What determines my standard of living?

The answer is the availability of options.

The more options the higher standard of living you have. You don't have to 'settle' for anything that's given to you. You have the power of choice! I have never realized how crucial this is until today. I've probably taken it for granted all the time, naturally of course since you never really know the value of something unless its taken away from you. This time it was different, I felt truly grateful and humbled by the fact that I, unlike many other people in the world, have options in my life.

Let me relate it to paint a clearer picture. I had the option to get up today. I had the choice to drive or use the driver. I made the decision to wear my black jacket, attend classes, sit around with friends, and to come back home and watch TV.
I'm not going to say I live a shallow life, but a life that is extremely priviliged for sure, now what I have to do is to seize the right moments and choose wisely. The more options I have the tougher it gets. I better make the right one!

Oh, and there is one thing I don't have a choice about and that would be my food! Stupid diet.

Comments:
We are blessed with the options we have.

It shouldnt be tougher when we have more options....it is tougher to make a decision true....but u have access to the best option.

As for having one option, ur stuck with it, whether u like it or not, whether its good or bad, u simply have no choice.

Ok, explain ur title dear?
 
DR- We ARE blessed but with all the choices you have you get undecisive and may be blinded, and not really see the best option.

And the title is a song by Beyonce, unrelated to the whole post
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?