Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Good Nakht!

I've been lost in translation for quite awhile here with the Germs (Germans and Gerwomans, lol that was totally lame, malaqa overload) and I've just got the hang of just answering and going with the flow whenever they talk to me so when anyone passes and says "Gutentag!", I wouldn't sheepishly smile and mumble like I used to, I'd reply with "Gu6en6ag" :P It doesn't sound like an amateur foreigner... at least I don't think so..

And I've mastered reading German! It's english with some twists here and there, I've mastered some replies too :P Like a woman pointed at the empty chair next to me and said something along the lines of "FREE?" and I said....

wait for it....

"JA!" :P I wanted to say yeah, but for some reason I just said Ja... probably a badleya but I think their language is rubbing off on me.. Ja?

Anyway, so yesterday my dad and I went to an amazing restaurant and then we wanted to pass by a Lebanese restaurant to check it out... we asked about 4 different taxi's to take us to "MARIMAR" ... that's what we thought it was... After what seemed like hours of discussing and describing one taxi took us to what he said the only Lebanese restaurant in town and it wasn't called "MARIMAR" .. it was PALEMARA, men wain 6ala3na marimar madri... Too much emdablaj shows

I'm coming back after tomorrow.. FINALLY ... The only thing that's cool here is the internet connection, I've been downloading movies like crazy! 120kb/sec mo shwayya! I've downloaded wedding crashers, final destination 3 and the amityville horror movie, I'm gonna watch it now, I've had enough of German MTV... enough shneizens and blakhtens for today.

Comments:
Enjoy it witrej3een bil salameh inshAllah :)
 
Wedding crashers is Fun-neeeeeey!

Ja sounds right to me :p
 
MSB- allah esalmech! ;)

Jan6a- The red head nesayt shesem'ha is hilarious! HABLA lol
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?